Before the weather turns to chilly temperatures, enjoy this beautiful and simple recipe.
My favorite summer vegetable fresh from the garden: Tarragon Beets.
3 lbs beets (tops removed)
1/3 cup vinegar
1 tablespoon fresh chopped tarragon (or 1/2 tablespoon dried)
5 tablespoon unsalted butter cut into pieces
2 tablespoon drained capers
salt and pepper to taste
- Boil beets 30 to 40 minutes until tender
- Peel and cut into 1-inch pieces
- In a nonreactive pot put 1/4 cup water, vinegar, and tarragon; boil and simmer 3 minutes.
- Add butter and stir until melted.
- Add beets and stir until heated through (about 8 minutes).
- Remove from heat, stir in capers, salt, and pepper; toss together and serve hot.